Starting another blog to document my love/hate relationship with food, working out and my attempts at being healthy.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Katia's Russian Tea Room

$25 per person (including tax and tip)for the afternoon tea party.  We got 4 savories and 3 desserts + unlimited house tea








Katia provides amazing service. She’s very accomodating and actually pretty entertaining.  Cute, intimate place..I recommend the cocktail piroshki (beef - the crust was super flaky and the texture really complemented the meat) and the Pel’meni.  They are like little beef raviolis served with a light curry sauce. Okay now that light curry sauce, I had to ask for extras…one of my friends even asked for the recipe (no harm in asking right? LOL). As for the desserts, although the fruit tart was a little too tarty for me, the crust itself again was amazing and the chocolate walnut meringue torte definitely made up for it. I’m stuffed and it was a very merry unbirthday to me :) (celebrated my birthday late this year because of finals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment